May4FriMay 4, 2018
There are two Passages of Scripture that help us glean the healthy elements required in having a healthy Church.
The passages referred to are: The Great Commandment, and The Great Commission!
Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
From these two passages, we see what it takes for the Body of Christ to be healthy. The 5 Purpose of the Body of Christ are:
1. Reach (Evangelism) out to the lost
2. Connect (Fellowship) people to Christ and to other Christians
3. Grow (Discipleship) people in their faith
4. Exercise (Ministry) their giftedness for the glory of God
5. Honor (Worship) God with their whole life.
* Which of these purposes seem the easiest to you? The most encouraging? Why?
* Which of these purposes seems the most difficult or even a bit frightening to you? Why?
* Do you think our church must participate in all the purpose in order to be healthy? Why or why not?
May we become the Healthy Body of Christ that God intends for us to be so that we can fulfill The Great Commandment and the Great Commission in our generation. My prayer is that you find your calling.
Because of Christ,